Terms and Conditions
This information has been put together to ensure total transparency about how we run our classes. Please contact Jules if you are unsure of anything.
This document is intended to ensure you are fully informed of our terms and conditions and there can be no misunderstanding.
Medical Information and Enrolment Form
- All clients must fill in our comprehensive Enrolment Form and if appropriate have a 121 assessment prior to starting any class. This is to ensure that all sessions are suitably planned for your level of fitness experience and adjustments can be made, if required to ensure you exercise at a safe level.
- Please notify Jules prior to the class if there are any changes to your medical health that will effect your movement of well-being. This includes back/joint problems, any new conditions. This allows for modifications to be made specific for your condition. In some instances it may be necessary for a 121 private session in order to assess and modify exercises for group participation
- Pre Natal:If you are trying for a baby or fall pregnant, it is of upmost importance to notify Jules. Exercises will need to be adapted for yours and your babies’ safety. Your Doctor will need to clear you for exercise. A 121 private session will be required to work through the adaptations ready for the class.
- Post Natal:Once your Doctor has given you a clean bill of health at 6 weeks you can start to exercise again. A 121 session will be required in order to assess the postural changes that will have occurred during pregnancy. Please note that recovery from a Caesarean may be longer.
- Osteoporosis – Certain exercises will be exchanged to coincide with NICE guidelines on exercise management for Osteoporosis in order to preserve the spine. If you choose not to take them, you must accept responsibility.
- Whilst holding full public liability insurance; Jules Hardman cannot accept liability for personal injury related to participation in a class if: your doctor has, on health grounds, advised you against such exercise; you fail to observe instructions on safety or technique; such injury is caused by the negligence of another participant in the class.
Teachers, Timetable Changes
- There may be occasions when another Level 3 qualified Pilates Teacher covers your class. Where possible it will be Body Control Pilates. The covering teacher will have been carefully selected based on experience and qualifications. They will be informed of clients’ health and any medical conditions in order to adapt where necessary. Please notify them should any new medical condition arise that you haven’t been able to inform Jules about
- There may be occasions where we have to cancel a class due to illness and gaining cover has not been possible. In this instance, a credit towards the next month or a refund for this session will be provided.
Payment Terms & Conditions and Leaving
- Spaces will only be guaranteed with receipt of payment.
- Payment for Classes– Payment for regular weekly classes will be set up as a monthly direct debit using GoCardless as part of the TeamUp client management system used by Jules Hardman Pilates. The sum will be set for the year and based on the number of weeks of classes per year.
- Starting from June 2018 – We offer classes for 46 weeks over a 12 month period.
- If you attend 1 class per week- The cost is £42 per month per person
- If you attend 2 classes per week- The cost is £84 per month per person
- If you attend 3 classes per week- The cost is £126 per month per person
- The cost per class for individual pay as you go classes is £15
- 24 hours cancellation notice is required for all private sessions otherwise the full payment will be charged.
- You agree to pay in full for the month you are attending. Even if you leave early no refunds will be given.
(See below about leaving classes/cancelling DD)
- You will be informed of any price increases at least 30 days in advance.
- Class fees are non-refundable and cannot be transferred to the next month.
- Missed classes cannot be used as credit towards your next month or any future classes.
- Please don’t ever feel awkward to let Jules know if you’re not returning. As much as Jules would love to convert everyone to Pilates forever, it’s inevitable that life’s demands can get in the way sometimes!
- 30 days notice is required to cancel your monthly membership.
- If you have any concerns regarding these terms, please feel free to contact Jules on 07854545466 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Catch Up System & Rearranging Classes
- If you cannot attend your regular class, provided it’s 2 hours prior to the class start time you can rearrange your class.
- TeamUp will allow you to reschedule your missed class in the same month as your missed class only.
- Catch Ups are offered subject to availability and are not guaranteed.
- Clients wishing to book a Catch Up class in a different month to the original missed class must email Jules with the date and class.
- If you do not show for your Catch Up class, you don’t get another go!
- Please remove your name from a Catch Up slot if you’re no longer able to make it. This allows others to use it and for you to find another slot.
The Catch Up system is offered on trust. However, it will be monitored from time to time.
Pilates Class Etiquette
Classes start on time so out of consideration for the teacher and other class members, please arrive five minutes before your class starts. The warm-up is an important aspect of each class and essential for your own safety.
Clients must report any injuries before the class starts.
Please remember to switch off your mobile phone.
Clients should wear stretchy comfortable clothing, layers are best. For health & safety all clients are required to wear socks.
Plan ahead and eat at least an hour before your Pilates session (2 hours if it’s a big meal) so you’re energized, not lethargic, going into your Pilates class.
Please avoid alcohol before class.
An enrolment form must be completed. Please ensure you update your contact or medical details or goals/aims if they change.